Lake Arrowhead Home Sales October 2013 ~ The month of October slowed a bit compared to the number of sales for September, but we are still going strong. If you have questions on these homes or Real Estate in Lake Arrowhead please give me a call, Kim Sellers with Coldwell Banker Sky Ridge Realty 909-725-1248
Information was obtained by Rim AOR and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Top picks of the week for new home listings in Lake Arrowhead. This weeks broker tour was very short. I am not sure if it has anything to do with Halloween or not. I did have a couple favorites and here they are:
Hot Picks of the Week!
- 27338 North Bay ~ Listed by Remax, Frank Smedley ~ $239,000 ~ This one is a good mention due to the price point. It is on a maintained access road and is close to Blue Jay. 3 bedrooms 3 baths with nice tree views
- 28176 North Shore Road ~ Listed by Capre, Carolyn Fox ~ $449,000 ~ Lake side living, lake view and this is the “Lake Cabin” you are looking for. Turnkey and across the street from the lake. There is a dock close by for extra money. This is my #1 pick of the week!!!
This is the time of year that most people are not thinking about buying a dock in Lake Arrowhead. However, this could be the best time to reach out and buy a dock while the picking is still good. There are currently 16 docks on the market in Lake Arrowhead. Prices ranging from $40,000 to $147,000 ~ (multiple verses single slip dock)
Facts ~ All docks in Lake Arrowhead have an actual APN and are taxed. In order to own a dock in Lake Arrowhead you must own improved property within Arrowhead Woods and the dock purchased then becomes attached to the home.
Lake Arrowhead Dock
54 Docks have sold so far this year, prices ranging from $21,000 to $170,000 ~ compared to 2012 there were 45 docks sold and the prices ranging from $29,000 ~ $150,000, as you can see prices remained close to the same on the low end, increasing on the single slip dock area.
Gorgeous Fall Day in Lake Arrowhead! Living the Lake Arrowhead Lifestyle®
This week in the Lake Arrowhead Lifestyle®
We are getting into the Winter time here in Lake Arrowhead, but there are still things going on in our beautiful area. Remember this weekend is the time change! Check out what’s going on.
- Jack’s Pumpkin Patch is open every day through Thursday at 10AM
- Trick or Treating in the Lake Arrowhead Village from 2PM-6PM on October 31, 2013
- Trick or Treating in Blue Jay Village Businesses from 2PM-5PM
- Church of the Woods will be having their Harvest Festival on October 31, from 5PM-8PM, free BBQ from 5-6:30 and then Trunk and Treat and games following.
- First Friday at the Lake House in Cedar Glen, stop in for some appetizers and fine art 4PM-7PM
- Mountain Sunrise Rotary Annual Auction Dinner at the Lake Arrowhead Country Club ~ Saturday November 2nd.
This Saturday November 2, 2013 is the Annual Auction and Charity Event. The event will be held at the Lake Arrowhead Country Club. Get your tickets for dinner and enjoy a nice evening out or tune in to your local Charter station and bid from the comfort of your own home. You may also come after dinner for just the auction, either way, this is a great night!!!
This weeks broker tour in Lake Arrowhead proved to have some spectacular homes out there. Not all are steals, but if you are looking for truly unique, one of a kind homes with mountain charm, this was the week for it on broker tour. Lake Arrowhead homes for sale with stunning views and ambiance is what this week brought to our market. But… as I do every week, I only pick what I think are the “Hot Picks of the Week”.
Hot Picks ~
- 1338 St Anton ~ Listed by Coldwell Banker Sky Ridge Realty, Kim Sellers $249,900 ~ This was the least expensive in lake rights this week. Views go on forever in this home. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a family room.
- 27315 Maplewood ~ Listed by Capre, Brenda Shinkle ~ $399,000 ~ This is a great home, needs a bit of imagination on the front landscaping but this is a diamond in the rough. Interior is awesome, 3 bedroom, 3 bath, family room and remodeled kitchen. This is my Top Pick of the week!!!
- 309 Shasta ~ Listed by Coldwell Banker Sky Ridge Realty, Bob Bailey ~ $299,500 ~ Great lake view!!! 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, dated a bit, but very clean and great bones.
- 243 Squirrel ~ Listed by Coldwell Banker Sky Ridge Realty, Kim Sellers $949,000 ~ This is a true log home! I might be bias on this one as it is my listing, but this is a rare find in Lake Arrowhead real estate, this is love at first sight. 4 bedrooms 5 baths and over a half acre.
That’s it for this weeks “Hot Picks of the Week!” Call me, Kim Sellers, if you are interested in any of these homes or just curious about Lake Arrowhead Real Estate!
See you at the Lake!!!
Hot Picks of the Week! This weeks broker tour had some great buys out there. However, I only pick the new home listings I consider as “Hot Listings”. Here are my picks of the week.
- 776 Ivy Lane ~ Listed by CBSRR, John Lorenz ~ $134,900 ~ This is in the Arrowhead Villas, outside of lake rights, however a great price for a getaway cabin. 3 bedrooms 2 baths on a double lot.
- 27971 St Bernard ~ Listed by Coldwell Banker Sky Ridge Realty, Steve Keefe ~ $299,000 Great Buy for lake rights. This is very close to Tavern Bay and is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with a 2 car garage.
- 322 South Fairway ~ Listed by Coldwell Banker Sky Ridge Realty, Michelle Hutton ~ $199,000 Another excellent buy under $200K. This is on a maintained access road and has a lot of potential. 3 bedrooms 2 baths.
Those are my Hot New Home Listings of the week. Call me, Kim Sellers if you are interested in learning more about these homes.
Live the Lake Arrowhead Lifestyle®
What’s happening in the Lake Arrowhead Lifestyle® this week? Plenty that is for sure!
Saturday October 19th
- People to People 2nd Annual Kitchen Tour from 12-4PM ~ four kitchens will be open to visitors and serving treats from around the world. To purchase tickets you can either buy at the Tea Exchange or the Lake House or call Cheryl Moxley at 909-337-5190 ~ Tickets are $30
- Jacks Pumpkin Patch is open daily at 10AM
- Support Dr Julie Monroe and her Lake Arrowhead Family Practice Clinic to stay open. She offers patients without insurance a low cost office visit of $35. The Lake Arrowhead Deli will be hosting a Pizza Festival on October 19th from 2:30-6:30 ~ $20 (two slices of pizza, a drink and some ice cream) DJ Franky Hobart will be cranking out some tunes as well. Show your support for Dr Monroe who does so much for our community.
- Oktoberfest in the Lake Arrowhead Village 12-7PM
- Rim of the World Historical Society Museum will have a family fun day. 27176 Peninsula Drive, Lake Arrowhead 11AM-5PM
Sunday October 20th
- Tunes, Tapas and Tatas ~ Fundraising event for the Soroptimist International of the Rim of the World. This will be at the UCLA conference center. Tickets are $35 Tickets can be purchased at The Lake House, Alpine Jewelers, Sweets and Stuff or by calling Jo Bonita at 909-224-0573 ~ This is the fundraiser that allows Mammograms to qualified women at no cost
- Oktoberfest from 12-5PM in the Lake Arrowhead Village.
Live the Lake Arrowhead Lifestyle®